Trybe's five strategic program areas:
- Youth development: working through our cascading mentorship program to build youth capacities. Pre-workforce development, academic coaching and arts/sports enrichment, and community service are the three pillars of Trybe's youth development. Trybe's cascading mentorship program provides a space where youth participate in and lead various afterschool clubs. Youth are placed in positions of responsibility and places where they can grow socially and emotionally, while learning new skills. The students are paired with parent-leaders, teachers and staff to oversee various activities, like Bike Maintenance, Sports, Chess, Computer, Math and Science clubs.
- Family Resourcing: Trybe works with families through early childhood parent-child playgroups, case management for families in needs, family assistance (food and funeral cost relief), and seasonal bridge-building activities such as movie nights, summer camps, retreats, and holiday gatherings.
- Large Community Events: through block parties and seasonal large events (Halloween, Spring Picnic, Summer Splash Day, Outdoor Movie Nights), Trybe brings the community together to give neighbors and families a sense of place, belonging, and community, which increases the quality of life and decreases crime by helping neighbors get to know neighbors.
- Young Adult Transition: young adult basketball and sports activities and leagues, young fatherhood groups, single mom support, workforce development and job connections, overcoming obstacles and removing blocks to success.
- Parent Power: organizing parents to be more involved in their public school, advocacy around education and neighborhood issues, parenting workshops and groups. Activated and engaged parents are the key to successful youth and healthy communities. Trybe reaches the youth who bring in parents who transform their communities.